Sunday, January 1, 2012

Inky Fingers Indeed

Happy 2012!

I was lucky enough to get some cool new accessories for my fountain pen for Christmas, a cartridge converter (so that I can fill the pen with any bottled fountain pen ink!) and an italic nib. I was all out of the original ink that came with the pen, so I ordered an ink sample pack too. The ink arrived yesterday (very speedy shipping!), and I filled up my pen this morning, leaving my fingers looking like this...

My fingers, a lovely shade of Sherwood Green

and I was being careful! They say that's just part of using a fountain pen, although I wonder how long it will take to come off.

I might write more about the ink and new nib later, but I will say that I was surprised with how much ink was laid down. I'm curious to see how long it will take to go through one cartridge converter's worth of ink.

Gratuitous baby picture :)

Mr. Tiny Muffin himself

No comments:

Post a Comment