Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby's First Christmas - Ornaments

A little late since we took the tree down yesterday (only one day later than I was hoping we'd get it taken down!), but Baby E got some great Christmas ornaments for 2011. Up first is his "Baby's First Christmas."

Cute teddy bear! I was having a bit of a time finding a baby's first Christmas ornament that I liked, until I check out Kohl's (thanks for the suggestion, Mom!). They had many to choose from, and this one satisfied the two main criteria of being cute and including the year. My sister and I shared three baby's first Christmas ornaments growing up and none of them were dated, so we never knew whose was whose!

Also very cool is this ornament that my folks made for E. He shares my dad's first name, and my dad has an ornament just like this from his birth year:


Posted by Picasa

This was such a great idea, thanks parents!

We also got a cute little glass angel ornament from my official ornament giving aunt (she gave me and my sister an ornament every year when we were kids). It's lots of fun to look through those ornaments now because they each are dated with the year that we received them. They also are all labeled with our names, so there was no fighting about who got to put up which ornament - good thinking!

Seeing as it's the start of a new year, it seems like a good time to look back on 2011 and remember a few of the high points:
  • With a September baby, much of the year was dominated by the pregnancy and birth. I'm thankful for a relatively uncomplicated pregnancy and birth of our healthy boy.
  • We received a lot of help from family and friends since September, for which we are very grateful.
  • Hubbo and I were able to take an awesome vacation to Hawaii in the spring, with a visit to an old friend in Phoenix tacked on to the end.
P.S. It took about 24 hours for the ink to come off my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment