Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Soft Blocks: Complete!


The idea for these blocks came from this post over at How We Montessori (I didn't realize that I photographed mine the same way until just now!). I'd been wanting to make these for a while, because E's wooden blocks were a bit too big for his hands, although now his hands are just about big enough. I actually bought the fabric that I used in the puzzle ball for this project originally.

The blocks are about 1 1/2" on each side. They're not exactly cubes, but my technique for the corners improved as I went along.

Here we are getting ready for a walk. So cute in the hood!

Posted by Picasa


Also unrelated, I woke up with a headache the other day, and I made some fresh lemon ginger tea. It's a great way to use up lemons that I don't know what to do with. I just squeeze about 1/3 of a lemon (if you don't over squeeze it you can use it for more than one cup of tea) into a mug, put the lemon itself in, add a little honey, then put about 1/2 to 1 inch of sliced ginger (skin removed) into a tea strainer, and pour boiling water over the whole thing, letting it steep about 3 minutes. I also used the ginger for a second cup. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment