Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Review: Understanding Exposure

I've still been reading as much as usual lately, but I went through a few books that didn't prompt me to write reviews of them. Not so with Understanding Exposure, by Bryan Peterson. My library only had the second edition, so that's the one I read, and it was awesome! I have a new appreciation for my camera now - I know what those mysterious "A, S, M" modes are, and what that meter and those little numbers in the viewfinder are for. I read the book together with my camera and its manual handy, I'm looking forward to trying out all the great stuff I learned about choosing aperture and shutter speed, and occasionally ISO. I'm not sure if it'll change much about the way I take pictures of Mr. Muffin though, since they're quick snapshots seeing as he doesn't sit still and pose!

A little bit of the information about digital cameras seemed somewhat dated, but there is a newer (2010) edition which has great reviews on Amazon as well.

A little ironic that the photography book post doesn't include a picture of the little guy, but I haven't been snapping many this week. His new skill since about Easter is voluntarily rolling on to his tummy (!!) and propping himself up on his elbows. He just might crawl yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment